Monday, May 13, 2013

My Favorite Tools . . .

Without a single doubt, my favorite tools are my hands.


They till / plow through some soils, plant, harvest and prune, often dropping my cell phone.
Calloused and scraped, nails often chipped, they've worked really hard for decades.
Now, they're nearly permanently bent to form the shape of a small melon when I put finger tips to finger tips.
My fingers twist an odd way and bend with resistance.
But my hands show up everyday to work.
I have alot of gratitude for their forgiveness of the abuse they've survived.
Too much time resting, they get soft and vulnerable.
Maybe I'll wear gloves tomorrow.

My favorite hand creams for the last 3 yrs are 'Gold Bond, Ultimate Softening Skin Therapy with Shea Butter,' and from Burt's Bees, Inc. 'Burt's Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream,' (recently repackaged).



***Allow the creams to absorb before operating heavy equipment, due to the potential of a slipping grip.***


I began this blog on May 1, 2011. . .  to do something out of my 'comfort zone.'
It has taught me alot !

No comments:

Post a Comment